5 Easy, Ready-Made (Healthy) Meal Options for the Busy Entrepreneur
posted on February 27, 2017
Face it, you’re a busy chick.
Places to go. Things to do. People to meet. Lives to change.
Sometimes, the last thing on your mind is “what to cook for dinner” (or pack for lunch)?
In fact, often times you even find yourself grabbing something quick—takeout—and spending unnecessary hard-earned dollars on foods that fill, but don’t nourish.
You know “healthy eating” is good for you and provides lots of energy—but ain’t nobody got time to slave away over meal prep, much less plan out your meals—for each day or the week.
If that’s you, then check out these 5 “ready-made-meal” options (both delivery and easy grab-and-go), plus 10 Easy Peasy Meals (You can make in 5-minutes or less) if you are feeling inventive in the kitchen:
- The Studio Kitchen Locally owned and operated, they deliver bulk-order, pre-made healthy dishes to you so all you have to do is heat and eat. Order “family sized” bacon-wrapped chicken thighs, bacon meatloaf, chicken spaghetti squash casserole, enchilada soup, pulled pork, pot roast and tons of sides like cauliflower rice, Brussels sprouts, parsnip mash, green beans, honey roasted carrots, sweet potato, kale chips and more. Tons of gluten-free and paleo options.
- Trifecta Nutrition Clean eating made easy and shipped right to your door. The goal of this company is to become like the McDonalds of HEALTHY eating—completely revolutionizing convenience, affordability and accessibility with an organic, high-quality flare. Order meals already assembled or choose what you like from the ala carte menu (they even have elk, venison and different types of fish to choose from).
- Pete’s Paleo Don’t let the word “paleo” scare you. All it means is “real food.” Receive 5-14 meals for the week, with customization for food allergies/preferences. Some meals include: Curried Chicken Thighs with Sautéed Carrots and Roasted Broccoli; Cajun Roasted Turkey with Kale Greens and Sweet Potato Mash and Five Spice Braised Short Rib with Acorn squash.
- Fresh N’ Lean Vegan? No prob. Fresh n’ Lean has got your back with it’s plant-rich menu (plus options for “paleo” if you do eat meat).
- Cilantro Lime One word: Local. This local start up has gotten pretty darn big—and extensive, with hundreds of menu items to choose from ala carte style and all sorts of cuisines
10 Easy Peasy Meals (You Can Make in 10-Minutes or Less)
Tuna Salad with Avocado Oil Mayo (like Primal Kitchen Mayo) + Seed Crackers
Turkey/Ham Stuffed Lettuce Wrap with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Avocado, Sprouts, Honey Mustard (Also try Primal Kitchen Honey Mustard for sugar-free, additive free)
Turkey Sausage Patties or Links (Applegate Farms) + Mushrooms & Spinach + Avocado
Kitchen Sink Salad: Canned Wild Salmon + Mixed Greens + Olives + Cucumbers + Orange Slices + Oil & Vinegar
Fish Tacos: Pan-Fried Cod + Coconut Flour Tortillas + 1 Dollop Coconut Yogurt + Lime & Cillantro + Guacamole + Summer Squash
Stovetop Burgers (1 lb. ground turkey + 1 tbsp. coconut aminos + sea salt, garlic powder, pepper) + Microwaved Sweet Potato (wash, pierce with fork and nuke for 5-7 minutes until softened) + Crispy Asparagus Spears with Olive Oil
“Chili” (ground meat + cumin + chili powder + cinnamon + cacao powder + diced butternut squash + sea salt + pepper + spinach greens; brown meat on medium heat in 1 tbsp. coconut oil for about 8-10 minutes; in a separate pan, soften squash on medium heat in 1 tbsp. coconut oil; combine with spices)
Rotisserie Chicken: Rotisserie Chicken + Baby Spinach + Steamed Beets + Grass-fed Goat Cheese + SteaMed Broccoli
“Stuffed Sweet Potato” with Chicken/Turkey + Kale + Coconut Butter
Simple Soup: Bone Broth + Veggie Soup + Chicken (from Rotisserie if you prefer)
Happy, healthy eating!